Friday, February 12, 2010

wisdom

OK, so I apparently looked like shit on Thursday. My boss sent me home, I guess he could tell I was trying not to throw up. Hmm, think the stress is getting to me.

"You only have one life," he said. "Go home and enjoy it."

So I had to ask myself, have I done that today? If life is a see-saw, and right now I'm on the down side, to get life back in balance, I need to keep piling good stuff on the high side, to bring myself up. And since I couldn't come up with anything on the "enjoy life" front, clearly this is something I need to work on now. So today I went to Kabuki Springs with Marci. A few hours of soaking, of steam, of cucumber slices on my eyes, of salt scrubbing and more soaking and moisturizing and exfoliating and I got into the groove. It was great. I am zenwoman now. At least until I have to talk about interest rates and mortgages again.

That "enjoy life" saying seems so simple, and like such a platitude. But.... what have you done today to enjoy your one life?

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you're taking care of yourself. I am so sad about your pregnancy. I believe you are one of the strongest people I know.

    ReplyDelete