Wednesday, February 17, 2010

wind and ectopic pregnancy


Nem tutsz piselni a szelbe


That's Hungarian for "you can't pee into the wind".

This was advice (?) from my 100-yr old aunt, who still lives in Manhattan, still drinks champagne, and likes to tell things like they are (or at least how she sees them). I agree with her about the peeing, but not sure yet about her advice in relationship to our infertility journey. She's advocating for closing the door, moving on, living our lives. She questions how much more my spirit can take, never mind my body. I'm not ready for that conversation yet, but certainly in the next few weeks we'll be looking at our options... adoption, trying again, surrogacy, none of the above.

And for today's update: my pregnancy numbers went up. I know, I know -- you thought I wasn't pregnant! Well I'm not, it's not viable, but apparently the cells that wanted to be the embryo are still in there somewhere making more cells. And pregnancy hormones. We'll see what shows up in the next blood test, but it's possible it's an ectopic pregnancy. As Rosanne Rosanna Danna said, "there's always somethin'... if it's not one thing, it's another...". More wise advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment